Maintaining drainpipesMaintaining drainpipesclose

You do not usually need to apply for planning permission for repairs, maintenance, and very minor works.

Permitted development rights may be available for works that go beyond repair, maintenance, and very minor works. However, you should always check with the Local Planning Authority to confirm that rights have not been removed.

Internal or external works to listed buildings are likely to require listed building consent.

Learn more about maintaining drainpipes.

Learn more about soil and vent pipes.