Adverts and SignsAdverts and Signsclose

Planning permission is not normally required for a small sign, for instance with your house name or number on it.

You may need to apply for advertisement consent to display an advertisement bigger than 0.3 square metres, however, and the planning regime for larger, professional adverts, signs for businesses and so on is complex.

Learn more on the Planning Portal.