Lighting (internal)Lighting (internal)close

If you are carrying out electrical work and installing lighting in your house then Building Regulations will apply.

You should use an installer who is registered with a competent person scheme or if an installer is not a registered competent person, they can use a competent person to certify work as an alternative to seeking approval from a Building Control Body.

However, repairs, replacements and maintenance work or extra lighting points or other alterations to existing circuits (except in a kitchen or bathroom, or outdoors) is allowed.

Learn more about lighting on the Planning Portal.

Learn more about electrics on the Planning Portal.