Building regulations will apply if your installation involves carrying out electrical or gas works in your home or garden. You should take care that the installation is safe.

You may wish to use an installer who is registered with a competent person scheme or seek approval from a Building Control body. If you are unsure about whether you are required to comply, you may wish to contact your local Building Control body.