Boilers and HeatingBoilers and Heatingclose

Building Regulations will apply if you want to:

- Install or replace a hot water cylinder
- Install, replace or alter the position of any type of gas, solid fuel and oil appliances (including boilers)
- Install a fixed, flueless, gas appliance

However, if you employ a registered installer with the relevant competencies to carry out the work on gas appliances, they should be able to self-certify the work without the need for close involvement of Building Control.

Learn more on the Planning Portal.