Party WallParty Wallclose

Some kinds of work carried out to a property may not be building work that is controlled by the Building Regulations, but may be work which is covered by the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 - which is a separate piece of legislation with different aims.

There will be some instances where both the Party Wall etc. Act and the Building Regulations apply to the work being carried out.

You must find out whether work you intend to carry out falls within The Party Wall etc. Act 1996.

Learn more on the Planning Portal.