Manhole and drainsManhole and drainsclose

If you wish to repair or replace an existing drainpipe, manhole or associated fitting, approval under the Building Regulations is not normally required if the replacement is like for like.

However, the provision of a new drainpipe, manhole or associated fitting will normally require approval under the Building Regulations.

They will apply to new rainwater or foul drains inside as well as outside the building.

The Building Regulations also apply to all non-mains foul sewerage arrangements (i.e. those using septic tanks), including their outlets and drainage fields.

Learn more on the Planning Portal.

Getting your job done safely.