Lighting (external)Lighting (external)close

If you are carrying out electrical work and fixing lighting to the outside of your house in England and Wales, you will have to follow the building regulations rules.

You should use an installer who is registered with a competent person scheme or if an installer is not a registered competent person, they can use a competent person to certify work as an alternative to seeking approval from a Building Control Body.

Learn more on the Planning Portal.