Building regulations do not generally apply but you should take care that the installation is safe and the fixed units are stable.

However, if your installation involves carrying out electrical work in your home or garden, you will have to follow new rules in the Building Regulations.

You may wish to use an installer who is registered with a competent person scheme or seek approval from a Building Control body. It is advisable to contact an installer who can provide the necessary advice.